Friday, June 4, 2010

Not-So-White Lies..

"I care about the housewife who has to care for her children, I care about the farmer who has to fed the nation, I care about the student who has to graduate, I care about the padre de pamilya who has to care for his family." These are the words of Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, the most hated and despised Philippine President after Marcos. She had more than 9 years to have had put these words into action, but she did not.


Ex-President Joseph Ejercito Estrada said, "I am willing to offer my services in whatever capacity should Presumptive President-elect Sen. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III request for it". He uttered this words for all the world to hear in the midst of his pronouncements that he is not conceding to the latter, despite their almost 5 million vote difference as of the latest count and with only about 1.4 million still to be canvassed.


"I did my best but I guess my best wasn't good enough", said Speaker Prospero C. Nograles on the failure of the 14th Congress to ratify the Freedom of Information Bill. Yet, we saw on national television that he simply laughed-off a duly seconded motion invoking a house rule saying that congressmen can be arrested so that they could be physically present during plenary proceedings.

No comments:

Post a Comment